I’ve struggled with lines under my eyes since my fifth birthday. Add to that age, a boisterous four year old and a consuming career, and my poor eyes are in rough shape. You can imagine my excitement when VIIcode Skin Care offered to send me a package of their O2M Oxygen Eye Mask for All Night Repair to try out.
In each box, there six treatments to use overnight for six to eight hours, two to three times a week. The product claims to minimize signs of aging, reduce fine lines/wrinkles and moisturize that incredibly delicate area under your eyes.
The pads themselves are thick and comfortable, and the gel-like material adheres well to the eye area (just be sure to not use any other eye serum after cleansing your face/before application). Upon application, you’ll feel a cooling sensation, which I always love because – at a minimum – it feels like it’s working.
Ingredients (from the company website):
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Boosts skin’s moisture content, reduce inflammation, and help prevent moisture loss.
- Sodium PCA: Helps to retain moisture, prevents our skin cells from losing water and drying out, reduces inflammation, and prevents skin from aging.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that neutralizes the oxidant effect of free radicals, which damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Allantoin: Helps to soften and protect, while actively soothing skin. It also stimulates cell regeneration, promoting healthy skin.
- Aloe barbadensis, Algin: Helps to hydrate your skin.
I used the product as instructed and found it to be, overall, beneficial to my under eye area. These masks are very hydrating, and my skin was almost plumper when I woke up in the morning. The only real problem I had with these masks overnight is that I’m a fairly violent sleeper, and would wake up at various points in the night to put them back on. If you are a normal person with more restful sleeping habits (unlike myself), you’ll be fine and these will work great. If you’re a crazy person like me, you can wear them during the daytime as well for two to four hours (as in you don’t NEED to be sleeping).
A cautionary tale: I did have one experience where I used my GloPRO and then applied the mask — and woke up in the morning looking like I had been crying all night. You know the look. It’s not pretty. So be smarter than me and don’t do that, as both are powerful anti-aging tools and probably shouldn’t be used together. Live and learn!
Overall, I really liked the product and think that with consistent use it would be a nice complement to a skincare routine. Huge thanks to Elle and VIIcode Skin Care for giving me the opportunity to try them!
Leave a Reply